Please see below a list of frequently asked questions regarding the World Shakespeare Congress 2016. This list will be updated as necessary in the run up to the Congress.
- When will the Congress programme be published? The seminar, workshop and panel programme will be published in May 2015 on this website. Please check regularly for announcements. Plenary announcements will be made later in 2015.
- How can I register for the Congress? Please register before 1 May 2016. Please find further information on the registration page.
- How can I register for workshops? Please note that World Shakespeare Congress 2016 seminar registration is now closed. Workshop attendance is in addition to seminar attendance, but spaces in workshops are strictly limited, so we recommend that you register early. Seminar participants will be working together on their topics in the lead-up to the Congress. Please find further information on the registration page.
- Do I need to register for plenaries and panels too? No. Plenary and panel sessions will not require registration.
- What do workshops look like? These sessions are scheduled for one hour and thirty minutes. Registration information for workshops can be found here. Workshop participation is limited.
- Will there be grant awards to attend the Congress? Grant applications have now closed.
- Where do I find accommodation? The Congress Committee has ensured that there is enough accommodation available in both Stratford and London. However, to ensure you get the kind of accommodation you want, we recommend that you book early. An overview of hotels, guest houses, bed and breakfasts for Stratford-upon-Avon can be found here, and for London can be found here.
- Do I need to book transfers between Stratford-upon-Avon and London for the transfer day on August 4? No. A coach transfer between the Stratford and London venues is included in your Congress registration fee. If you plan to depart the UK from Birmingham International Airport, you will need to book individual transport from London at the close of the Congress. Please do let us know if you require your coach seat by emailing email@example.com. Should you wish to book additional coach seats, please do so here.
- I want to go to the theatre in the evening. How do I book tickets? Information regarding tickets for Royal Shakespeare Company performances, and priority booking for productions at Shakespeare’s Globe will be sent to registered delegates in due course.
- How can I participate? The Call for Papers is now closed. Seminar registration is now closed. Workshop registration is now open. Limited places are now available. For further information please visit the registration page.
- What happens when I have submitted my proposal? On submitting your proposal you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt. The ISA will contact you after the deadline to let you know whether your proposal has been successful. A list of seminars will be posted early in 2015 and ISA members will be invited to apply to join a seminar.
- What happens once my seminar proposal is accepted? We will inform you whether your 500 word co-chaired seminar proposal was accepted by the Congress Committee. You will receive a list of seminar participants and further instructions once the deadline for seminar registration has passed.
- Can I invite people to join my seminar? Seminar leaders are permitted to invite four people into their seminar, possibly more. To request these, please contact the Congress committee on firstname.lastname@example.org. Seminar leaders will be informed of other new members as they join and will be provided with their contact details.
- What happens if a seminar fills really quickly? In the case of a seminar proving very popular with applicants, there is the possibility of running a seminar twice, once during the Stratford part of the conference and once in London. The ISA will contact seminar leaders if this proves necessary.
- What is the minimum number of participants necessary to run a seminar? This is flexible, dependant on the session, those involved, and the seminar leader’s preference.
- My proposal did not make the final cut – can I still participate in the Congress? Of course. You can always register for the Congress and attend one of the other seminars or workshops on offer.
- How can I pay my ISA membership? A membership form is available here. Payments can be made either by cheque or by bank transaction.
- Do I have to be an ISA member to attend the Congress? ISA membership must be current to attend the Congress. If you are unsure whether you are a current member, please send an enquiry to email@example.com.