We recommend that you plan your time at the World Shakespeare Congress 2016, well in advance of arriving in Stratford-upon-Avon in July. In order to help with this, we have created a handy guide, which includes a template timetable for the week – World Shakespeare Congress 2016 – Your Guide (Word, 201KB).
Please note that those that have registered for the Congress will need to ensure that the following elements are organised before arriving:
- Please ensure that you book any transport that you may need throughout the conference*
- Book accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon for the following evenings: Sunday 31 July, Monday 1 August, Tuesday 2 August and Wednesday 3 August. For a list of venues and contact information visit our Accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon page. Early booking is recommended.
- And book accommodation in London for the following evenings: Thursday 4 August and Friday 5 August. For a list of venues and contact information visit our Accommodation in London page. Early booking is recommended.
- Register for a seminar, and/or workshop session. Information regarding the conference programme can be found on the Programme page. Conference programme updates, such as panel, seminar and workshop announcements can be found on the WSC2016 news feed. Seminar registration information can be found on the registration page.
- Purchase tickets to any productions you wish to attend at the Royal Shakespeare Company and Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre. The schedules for the summer 2016 period will be announced in September 2015. Please check the Congress website at this time for further details.
- Purchase tickets to any other activities outside of the congress that you may want to take part in during your stay. Suggestions can be found on the About Stratford-upon-Avon and About London pages.
- Make reservations at any restaurants that you may want to dine at throughout your stay.
* This should include transport to Stratford-upon-Avon for the first half of the week, any transport that you may need from your accommodation venues to the congress venues and between the various venues and attractions situated in both Stratford-upon-Avon and London, and any transport from London at the end of the congress.
Please note: we will be providing transport from Stratford-upon-Avon to a central location in London on Thursday 4 August; you do not need to book transport for this time. However, no other transport will be provided, if you need to return to Stratford-upon-Avon or elsewhere after the Congress, transport will not be provided and will need to be booked individually.